Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged mississippi
- Our Work in the Gulf
- Since 2005, NRDC has been working to support Gulf communities to protect their health and environment. In the wake of the BP oil disaster, we remain committed to pushing for a full recovery of the rich ecological, cultural, and economic centers in the Gulf of Mexico. Through our Gulf Coast Resource Center we will work to ensure that neither the stories of this disaster nor the lessons we can learn from it are lost.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Court to hold two-day hearing on the challenged BNSF rail yard project
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 11/13/15
- Kern County Approves Fast Track for Oil and Gas
- posted by Giulia C.S. Good Stefani, 11/13/15
- Port of LA Approves $10 Million in Settlement Funds to Reduce Port-Related Air Pollution
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 11/10/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.