Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged disease clusters
- Testimony of Dr. Gina M. Solomon on Disease Clusters and Environmental Health
- Gina M. Solomon, M.D., M.P.H. testified before the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on March 29, 2011 on the subject of Disease Clusters and Environmental Health. Dr. Solomon is a Senior Scientist with the Natural Resources Defense Council; and is also Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency Program and Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at University of California, San Francisco. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Court to hold two-day hearing on the challenged BNSF rail yard project
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 11/13/15
- Kern County Approves Fast Track for Oil and Gas
- posted by Giulia C.S. Good Stefani, 11/13/15
- Port of LA Approves $10 Million in Settlement Funds to Reduce Port-Related Air Pollution
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 11/10/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.