Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged NYCHA
- Rampant Mold & Moisture Problems in NYC Public Housing
- Excessive moisture in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) buildings -- which are home to 400,000 New Yorkers -- has led to a rampant and severe mold problem.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- A Call for Environmental Justice: A Call for "Zero"
- posted by Melissa Lin Perrella, 5/27/15
- Oakland Feels the Local Love: Earth Day 2015
- posted by Tiffany Traynum, 4/21/15
- Over 100 Pages Long: The List of Problems with California's Draft Environmental Report on Fracking
- posted by Giulia C.S. Good Stefani, 3/26/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.