Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged new york city
- Partnerships for Change
NRDC has worked with many community-based organizations to defend people's right to a safe and healthy environment.
- Over the years, NRDC has joined forces with community-based grassroots groups across the country to help protect the health and environment of local communities from harmful industrial development and toxic pollution.
Documents Tagged new york city in All Sections
- Whale Songs in the City
Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution and shipping traffic put them at risk
- Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution puts them at risk.
- New York City's Recycling Program
- A guide to recycling in New York City.
- Recycling Returns
Ten Reforms for Making New York City's Recycling Program More Cost-Effective
- After suspending glass and plastic recycling in the summer of 2002 due to record budget deficits, New York City has restored its full recycling program. This April 2004 NRDC report, shaped by a steering committee of representatives from 10 environmental and consumer groups, recommends strategies to make recycling more economically stable, while helping to expand New York's recycling program.
- Under Attack: New York's Kensico and West Branch Reservoirs Confront Intensified Development
- A report finding that encroaching development and inadequate protection by city and state officials threaten New York City's two most important reservoirs.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Health and environmental justice advocates railroaded by LA City Council
- posted by Adrian Martinez, 5/8/13
- Its Time to Clean Up and Green Up Los Angeles
- posted by Adrian Martinez, 4/15/13
- Celebrating victories for health in the Los Angeles harbor area
- posted by Adrian Martinez, 3/28/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.