Environmental Issues: Wildlands
All Documents in Wildlands Tagged California
- Smart from the Start: Renewable Energy Siting on Federal Land
- Testimony of Johanna Wald, Senior Attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council before the United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources regarding the California Desert Protection Act of 2010, S. 2921. Get document in pdf.
- San Onofre State Beach Wins Protections Against Road Development
A proposed toll road that would cut through the heart of a popular California park has been rejected.
- A proposed toll road that would cut through the heart of a popular California park has been put on hold.
- The Tejon Ranch model
On environmental issues, the middle road doesn't suit everybody. But it can preserve a lot of wilderness for posterity.
- On environmental issues, the middle road doesn't suit everybody. But it can preserve a lot of wilderness for posterity.
Documents Tagged California in All Sections
- Tackling Water Scarcity
Five Southern California Water Agencies Lead the Way to a More Sustainable Tomorrow
- Water scarcity has long been a fact of life across much of the southwestern United States. Changing climate patterns, growing populations, and over-tapped aquifer and river systems call for bold strategies to meet water supply needs for this region.
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- On April 4, 2011, Sarah Janssen and Victoria Rome of Natural Resources Defense Council sent a letter to Senator Curren Price, Chair of the California State Senate's Business, Professions, and Economic Development Committee, in support of SB 147 -- the Consumer Choice Fire Safety Act. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- On July 7, 2009, Sarah Janssen, senior scientist at Natural Resources Defense Council, testified for SB 772 before the California Assembly Committee on Health. The bill would have banned the use of certain flame retardants in children's products. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- On July 23, 2012, Sarah Janssen, senior scientist at Natural Resources Defense Council, testified before California's Department of Consumer Affairs in Sacramento where a public workshop was held on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Q&A: Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns on National Parks
- Ken Burn spoke to OnEarth about his motivation for his new documentary series on America's national parks.
- In the Canadian Boreal Forest, a Conservation Ethic at Work
- After fighting successfully for years to keep destructive logging, hydropower and mining projects out of their traditional territory, the people of Poplar River are now working to secure permanent protection for their boreal forest homeland.