Environmental Issues: Wildlands
All Documents in Wildlands Tagged energy efficiency
- Strip Mining for Oil in Endangered Forests
- Big oil interests are scraping away hundreds of thousands of acres in North America’s Boreal forest to produce tar sands oil, and in the process consuming large amounts of natural gas and generating three times as much global warming pollution as conventional crude oil production. Greater efficiency and renewable fuels are far better, cleaner ways to meet our energy needs. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged energy efficiency in All Sections
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
Consumers get lower utility bills, and we all get a cleaner environment.
- Energy efficient appliances are good for consumers and the environment. They won't solve our energy problems by themselves, but there are many reasons why they are a step in the right direction.
- How to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
Tips for conserving electricity and cutting your energy costs
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy represent the fastest, cleanest and least expensive ways to reduce our electricity use -- and our dependence on oil. Here, some tips on doing just that, for both individuals and businesses -- along with links to other resources that will help you conserve even more.
- NRDC's Green Offices
NRDC's offices save energy and the environment by embracing green building design.
- When it comes to energy efficiency, NRDC practices what it preaches with energy-efficient and green design features in each of our four offices. Since beginning the greening of our offices in 1988, we have achieved numerous economic and environmental benefits, including keeping millions of pounds of global warming pollution out of the atmosphere.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Q&A: Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns on National Parks
- Ken Burn spoke to OnEarth about his motivation for his new documentary series on America's national parks.
- In the Canadian Boreal Forest, a Conservation Ethic at Work
- After fighting successfully for years to keep destructive logging, hydropower and mining projects out of their traditional territory, the people of Poplar River are now working to secure permanent protection for their boreal forest homeland.