Environmental Issues: Wildlands
All Documents in Wildlands Tagged Yellowstone
- Stop the Slaughter
Yellowstone’s Buffalo Herd Must Be Protected
- The Montana Department of Livestock and the National Park Service are killing the thousands of buffalo that roam in Yellowstone National Park, claiming with little evidence that the buffalo could transmit disease to cattle in the area. NRDC is fighting to protect Yellowstone buffalo from senseless killing and to safeguard the park’s wildlife resources for future generations. Get document in pdf.
- Losing Ground: Western National Parks Endangered by Climate Disruption
- National parks in the American West face an unprecedented threat from climate change. Rising temperatures, prolonged drought, severe wildfires and diminished snowfall are already affecting these parks; without action to curb climate change, cherished Western landscapes could be drastically altered.
Documents Tagged Yellowstone in All Sections
- Global Warming Kills Whitebark Pines, Threatening Mountain Ecosystems
Millions of dying whitebark pine trees could be disastrous for the delicate ecosystem that supports grizzlies, birds and Western water supplies.
- Millions of dying whitebark pine trees could be disastrous for the delicate ecosystem that supports grizzlies, birds and Western water supplies.
- New Science Shows the Extent of Dying Whitebark Pine
Groundbreaking survey reveals the harsh truth about the decline of this hardy tree and the mountain wildlife that depends on it.
- A groundbreaking survey reveals the harsh truth about the decline of this hardy tree and the mountain wildlife that depends on it.
- Saving Whitebark Pine: What You Can Do
A network of citizen scientists is helping gather crucial data in the fight to save whitebark pine and the mountain ecosystem it anchors.
- A network of citizen scientists is helping gather crucial data in the fight to save whitebark pine and the mountain ecosystem it anchors.
- Grizzly Bears in Danger
Climate change and unbridled industrialization could push an icon of the American West back to the brink of extinction
- In the wake of a tough legal battle, Yellowstone grizzly bears and their habitat are once again protected under the Endangered Species Act. But as global warming and runaway development take a mounting toll on grizzly habitat, these bears are facing an uncertain future.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Q&A: Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns on National Parks
- Ken Burn spoke to OnEarth about his motivation for his new documentary series on America's national parks.
- In the Canadian Boreal Forest, a Conservation Ethic at Work
- After fighting successfully for years to keep destructive logging, hydropower and mining projects out of their traditional territory, the people of Poplar River are now working to secure permanent protection for their boreal forest homeland.