Environmental Issues: Wildlands
All Documents in Wildlands Tagged habitat protection
- End of the Road: The Adverse Ecological Impacts of Roads and Logging
A Compilation of Independently Reviewed Research
- An annotated bibliography providing an overview of primary research, almost all from peer-reviewed journals, documenting the adverse impacts of roads and logging on North American forest ecosystems.
Documents Tagged habitat protection in All Sections
- Protecting Our Mid-Atlantic Ocean for the Future
- The Mid-Atlantic's ocean and coast are a beautiful place to visit, swim and fish. They are an economic powerhouse, contributing billions to the region's gross domestic product and thousands of jobs. But our ocean faces growing challenges, from pollution to loss of habitat and sometimes competing industrial uses. We need to identify areas that are appropriate for use and those that need protection to ensure a healthy ocean for generations to come.
- Reviving Our Oceans
Changing the way we think about and manage our oceans can help avert a crisis.
- Changing the way we think about and manage our oceans can help avert a crisis.
- Florida’s Coastal and Ocean Future
A Blueprint for Economic and Environmental Leadership
- With tourism, fishing, and recreational sport bringing billions of dollars into Florida each year, the coast is Florida's economic engine. This issue paper provides a blueprint for how local leaders and decision makers can -- and must -- take action to protect Florida’s marine and coastal ecosystems.
- Protecting Ocean Habitat from Bottom Trawling
Halting this underwater version of strip-mining in sensitive areas can keep our oceans healthy and full of vibrant marine life.
- Halting this underwater version of strip-mining in sensitive areas can keep our oceans healthy and full of vibrant marine life.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Q&A: Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns on National Parks
- Ken Burn spoke to OnEarth about his motivation for his new documentary series on America's national parks.
- In the Canadian Boreal Forest, a Conservation Ethic at Work
- After fighting successfully for years to keep destructive logging, hydropower and mining projects out of their traditional territory, the people of Poplar River are now working to secure permanent protection for their boreal forest homeland.