Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged health effects
- The Worst Summer Ever?
'Dark Side of Climate Change' Seen in Record Setting Night-time Temperatures
- NRDC's analysis of 2010 temperature data from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration’s Historic Climatology Network reveal that the summer set heat records in many parts of the United States. Of the 1,218 weather stations in the contiguous U.S., with data going back to 1895, 153 locations recorded their hottest summer on record and nearly one in three recorded average temperatures among their five hottest on record.
Documents Tagged health effects in All Sections
- Testimony on the Environmental and Health Impacts of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
- Testimony of Amy Mall, Senior Policy Analyst, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), on the applicability of federal requirements that protect public health and the environment to oil and gas development. Presented to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, United States House of Representatives, October 31, 2007.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Question answered - EPA approves Enlist Duo
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 10/15/14
- New poll: New Yorkers overwhelming support fracking moratorium - and clean energy
- posted by Kate Sinding, 10/7/14
- Risky Play: Children Exposed to Toxic Air Pollution from Shale Gas Development at Texas Playgrounds?
- posted by Tanja Srebotnjak, 10/3/14