Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged hurricanes
- Consequences of Global Warming
- A hotter planet means dirtier air and water, more severe floods and droughts, more wildfires and other serious consequences.
- Health and Climate Change: Accounting for Costs
- Climate change endangers human health, and costs us money in both lost and interrupted lives and increased health care. In a study published in the journal Health Affairs, a team of scientists from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) partnered with university economists to investigate the health costs of six climate change-related events, and found the estimated costs totaled more than $14 billion.
Documents Tagged hurricanes in All Sections
- The Cost of Climate Change
What We'll Pay if Global Warming Continues Unchecked
- New research shows that if present trends continue, the total cost of global warming will be as high as 3.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). Four global warming impacts alone -- hurricane damage, real estate losses, energy costs, and water costs -- will come with a price tag of 1.8 percent of U.S. GDP, or almost $1.9 trillion annually (in today's dollars) by 2100. The longer we wait, the more painful -- and expensive -- the consequences will be.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- The Fight Widens: NRDC challenges the approval of the pesticide combination Enlist Duo in nine more states
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 4/20/15
- A banner day for reducing pollution in China
- posted by Linda Greer, 4/15/15
- Obesity and Environmental Chemicals
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 4/4/15