Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged tar sands
- Tar Sands Crude Oil: Health Effects of a Dirty and Destructive Fuel
- Crude oil produced from tar sands is one of the world's dirtiest and most environmentally destructive sources of fuel. With more tar sands flowing through pipelines, moving on railcars, and being processed at refineries, there is mounting evidence that people and communities in the vicinity of tar sands activity face substantial health and safety risks.
Documents Tagged tar sands in All Sections
- Stop Dirty Fuels
- As cheap, plentiful conventional oil becomes a luxury of the past, we now face a choice: to set a course for a more sustainable energy future of clean, renewable fuels, or to develop ever-dirtier sources of transportation fuel derived from fossil fuels -- at an even greater cost to our health and environment. Looking for fuel in all the wrong places puts wildlands, air, water and climate at risk.
- West Coast Tar Sands Invasion
- The West Coast could soon become a destination for huge volumes of tar sands crude oil -- one of the world's dirtiest fuels -- setting back efforts to combat climate change and exposing communities to significant new health and environmental risks. Call it a tar sands invasion.
- Top 10 Threats from the Tar Sands Invasion
- Despite economic losses, Big Oil remains determined to triple production of the dirty crude over the next two decades, and it has plans to flood the United States with up to six million barrels a day. The Tar Sands Invasion will pollute our land, air, and water if we don't stand up and say no to the real and widespread threats it represents.
- Stop the Proposed Keystone XL Pipeline
The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline will hurt not help job creation in America
- Proponents of the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline engaged in a major disinformation campaign in a desperate attempt to win approval for the 1,700-mile pipeline though America's heartland. The facts reveal this pipeline was never in America's national interest.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Veterinary association endorses flawed policy allowing misuse of precious antibiotics to raise food animals
- posted by Avinash Kar, 8/26/15
- The White House Gets It Right: Climbing to Energy Efficiency for All
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 8/24/15
- The (Latest) Fight to Collect Better Data on Farm Use of Antibiotics
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 8/20/15