Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged bees
- Pesticides: What You Need to Know
Pesticides are designed to kill pests, but they don't stop there.
- Pesticides are designed to kill pests, but they don't stop there. People, pets, farmers, agriculture workers, and wildlife are all harmed by overuse, misuse, and even lawful use of these toxic chemicals.
Documents Tagged bees in All Sections
- Save Our Bees
America's bees are in crisis.
- One out of every three bites of food we take relies on bees for pollination. Of 100 major crops, 70 are pollinated by bees—including apples, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, pumpkins, carrots, avocados, almonds, and so many more. But America's bees are in crisis.
- Why We Need Bees
Nature's Tiny Workers Put Food on Our Tables
- Many people think of bees simply as a summertime nuisance. But these small and hard-working insects actually make it possible for many of your favorite foods to reach your table. From apples to almonds to the pumpkin in our pumpkin pies, we have bees to thank. Now, a condition known as Colony Collapse Disorder is causing bee populations to plummet, which means these foods are also at risk. Get document in pdf.
- Make Your Garden Bee-Safe
Honey bees are disappearing across the country, putting $15 billion worth of fruits, nuts and vegetables at risk
- Bees across the country are disappearing from a mysterious condition know as Colony Collapse Disorder, but you can help keep these important pollinators healthy by attracting them to your garden with these helpful tips.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- When water hurts - in Flint and beyond
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 2/1/16
- Why I am a fan of Carbon Disclosure Project's latest report
- posted by Linda Greer, 1/27/16
- Huge Gas Leak in Porter Ranch: A Sobering Reminder of the Health Threats from Oil and Gas in California
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 1/5/16