Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged EPA
- Superficial Safeguards: Most Pesticides Are Approved by Flawed EPA Process
- The public may think pesticides are only allowed onto store shelves and for use in agriculture and into consumer products if they have been approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in a transparent and scientifically rigorous process. Recent investigations by NRDC, however, reveal a deeply flawed system, indicating that the public's trust is misplaced.
- NRDC Pesticides Team: Protecting Against Chemicals Designed to Kill
- Long before organic foods were a staple product line for major grocers, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) was an advocate for pesticide-free products and dedicated itself to eliminating the unseen dangers of chemicals in our food. While we've achieved many successes, NRDC's Pesticides team continues to push the EPA to remove the most dangerous pesticides from the market and to educate consumers, food growers, and business leaders about sustainable alternatives. Get document in pdf.
- Health Risks to Children and Communities From Recent EPA Proposals and Decisions on Air and Water Quality
- Testimony submitted to hearings before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, Senate on February 6, 2007.
- Toxic Communities: How EPA's IRIS Program Fails The Public
- Testimony of Linda Greer, PH.D Director, Health Program Natural Resources Defense Council before the U.S. House Committee on Science and Technology Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight at hearing entitled: Toxic Communities: How EPA's IRIS Program Fails the Public.
Documents Tagged EPA in All Sections
- NRDC Policy Basics
An Introduction to Federal Environmental Policy
- NRDC works with Congress, the White House, courts and federal agencies to defend and expand the framework of U.S. environmental policies to safeguard the health of our communities and environment.
- NRDC's Dump Dirty Diesel Campaign
Working to rid the world of the health risks of dirty diesel exhaust
- NRDC's Dump Dirty Diesels Campaign has been a leader in local, state, national, and international efforts to solve the problem of dirty diesel exhaust. By focusing on reducing community exposure to dirty diesel exhaust in New York and California, advocating for national standards in Washington, and working with local partners around the world, NRDC has scored major victories on the path to cleaner air.
- Testimony of John Walke on Clean Air Act
- Testimony of John Walke, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), for the September 8, 2011 Legislative Hearing on “H.R. 2250, The EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 and H.R. 2681, The Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act of 2011” before the Subcommittee on Energy and Power. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of David D. Doniger on Assessing the Impact of EPA Greenhouse Gas Regulations on Small Business
- David D. Doniger, policy director of the Climate Center at the Natural Resources Defense Council, testifies before the House Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending on the effects of EPA’s carbon pollution safeguards on small businesses. He explains that EPA’s clean car and truck standards will save billions of dollars for American small businesses and families, and that EPA has exempted small businesses from construction permit requirements, which apply only to the nation’s biggest polluters and require only available and affordable pollution controls. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Bipartisan bill would improve reporting of information about antibiotic use in animal feed
- posted by Avinash Kar, 5/8/13
- Marine Plastic Pollution Producer Responsibility Bill Passes California Assembly Natural Resources Committee
- posted by Leila Monroe, 4/30/13
- EPA Hearing: Citizens Urge Agency to Finalize Cleaner Gasoline and Tailpipe Standards
- posted by Luke Tonachel, 4/25/13