Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged oil
- Tracking Oil Washing Ashore on Beaches
Find out which beaches are unaffected by the Gulf oil disaster, and what to do if you encounter spilled oil.
- Find out which beaches are unaffected by the Gulf oil disaster, and what to do if you encounter spilled oil.
Documents Tagged oil in All Sections
- Unmasked: The Oil Industry Campaign to Undermine California’s Clean Energy Future
Millions Spent on Front Groups, Lobbying, and Scare Tactics to Keep Californians Dependent on Oil
- California's climate and clean energy policies reduce dependence on oil. By 2030, they will enable Californians to save more than $2,000 per household on gasoline and avoid the need to drive 14 billion miles each year. With the petroleum fuels sector scheduled to begin paying for its portion of climate pollution in January 2015, oil companies have intensified their campaign to undermine the clean energy policies that will reduce their market share.
- It Could Happen Here: The Exploding Threat of Crude by Rail in California
- In the rush to transport land-locked unconventional new crude oil sources, old rail lines running through communities across America are now rattling with thousands of cars filled with crude oil. Federal regulators have few safeguards in place to protect communities and the environment from accidents, spills and explosions resulting from the race to move millions of barrels of crude by rail.
- Environmental Risks with Proposed Offshore Oil and Gas Development off Alaska’s North Slope
- In August 2012, Royal Dutch Shell Oil (Shell) plans to begin exploratory drilling in the Arctic Ocean off Alaska's northern coast. This paper argues that drilling and related industrial activity would create an unacceptable risk of irreparable damage to this unique part of the planet and should be postponed until comprehensive research can be performed and a credible system for responding to spills is put into place.
- Arctic Wildlife Refuge: Why Trash an American Treasure for a Tiny Percentage of Our Oil Needs?
Drilling for oil in America's premier wildlife sanctuary would deface the pristine landscape and threaten Alaskan wildlife.
- Drilling for oil in America's premier wildlife sanctuary would deface the pristine landscape and threaten Alaskan wildlife.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Glyphosate herbicide linked to cancer - IARC World Health Organization assessment
- posted by Jennifer Sass, 3/27/15
- Identifying Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Using ToxCast and Authoritative Lists
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 3/4/15
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15