Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged public health
- Not Effective and Not Safe
The FDA Must Regulate Dangerous Antimicrobials in Everyday Products
- Consumers in the United States spend almost $1 billion per year on “antibacterial” soaps and other products, often motivated by the notion that these products will protect their families from harmful germs and illnesses. But in fact, these products are no more effective than regular soap and water for preventing illness, and they contain chemicals that can actually harm our health and the environment. Up to 75 percent of liquid soaps, as well as bar soaps, toothpaste, cosmetics, cleansing lotions, acne creams, and wipes contain triclosan or triclocarban—chemicals marketed as reducing the number of bacteria or “germs.” The FDA needs to take action now to stop the continued sale of ineffective and potentially unsafe antimicrobial chemicals in household products. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged public health in All Sections
- Testimony of John Walke on Clean Air Act
- Testimony of John Walke, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), for the September 8, 2011 Legislative Hearing on “H.R. 2250, The EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 and H.R. 2681, The Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act of 2011” before the Subcommittee on Energy and Power. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Glyphosate herbicide linked to cancer - IARC World Health Organization assessment
- posted by Jennifer Sass, 3/27/15
- Identifying Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Using ToxCast and Authoritative Lists
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 3/4/15
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15