Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged interviews
- The EPA’s Pesticide-Protection Failure
- Linda Greer, the director of NRDC’s public health program, discusses the failure of the federal government to implement the Food Quality Protection Act, a groundbreaking 1996 law recognizing that children are particularly vulnerable to the ill-effects of pesticides.
Documents Tagged interviews in All Sections
- An Interview with Elizabeth Kolbert
- New Yorker writer Elizabeth Kolbert speaks with NRDC's Phil Gutis about storytelling's role in solving global warming.
- Cost-effective Pollution Prevention in an Industrial Setting
An unlikely partnership between environmentalists and Dow Chemical achieves major pollution reductions.
- An unlikely partnership between environmentalists and Dow Chemical achieves major pollution reductions.
- Environmentalists and Dow: Chemical Reduction
- Between 1996 and early 1999, NRDC worked on a groundbreaking project with a truly unlikely partner: Dow Chemical. The project tested the idea of pollution prevention -- improving the manufacturing process to stop pollution before it's created -- at one of the largest chemical manufacturing plants in the United States. What was it like for an environmentalist to work with Dow Chemical? NRDC scientist Linda Greer, who headed the project for NRDC, tells all.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Tell Bay Area Air Authorities What You Think of Tar Sands
- posted by Diane Bailey, 12/4/13
- Dangerous Crude Oil Terminals Blocked!
- posted by Diane Bailey, 11/14/13
- No child left outside
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 11/11/13