Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged mold
- New Orleans Environmental Quality Test Results
- Results of NRDC's monitoring for mold, contaminated soil, particulates and other substances of health concern in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina.
- Rebuilding New Orleans
- In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, a team of health and environmental specialists from NRDC has been working with the people of New Orleans to ensure their safe recovery from the disaster.
- Katrina’s Wake: Arsenic-Laced Schools and Playgrounds Put New Orleans Children at Risk
- When Hurricane Katrina tore through New Orleans in August 2005, the levee failures inundated the city -- particularly its most vulnerable neighborhoods -- with a hazardous sea of fuel, sewage and chemicals. This August 2007 issue paper reveals that people in New Orleans were returning home to communities that have not been adequately cleaned up, and offers solutions on a federal and local level for charting a safer course for New Orleans.
- On the Ground in New Orleans
An NRDC Fact-finding Mission, October 2005
- A photo journal from NRDC experts gathering first-hand information about the health and environmental after-effects of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Documents Tagged mold in All Sections
- Rampant Mold & Moisture Problems in NYC Public Housing
- Excessive moisture in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) buildings -- which are home to 400,000 New Yorkers -- has led to a rampant and severe mold problem. Many apartments have recurring and uncontrolled mold growth, wet and rotting walls, musty odors, bubbling and peeling paint, and infestations of cockroaches and other vermin.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Singular Day for Clean Air: Safeguards for 45,000 Lives Are Debated in Courts
- posted by Peter Lehner, 12/11/13
- FDA announces finalization of voluntary guidance on antibiotic misuse in livestock industry
- posted by Avinash Kar, 12/11/13
- Losing Your Voice
- posted by Sharon Buccino, 12/10/13