Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged chlor-alkali plants
- Lost and Found: Missing Mercury from Chemical Plants Pollutes Air and Water
- Mercury is an invisible, odorless poison that can pollute oceans and rivers, contaminate our food and seep into the air, potentially causing severe health problems when ingested by humans. A major source of this pollution is chlor-alkali chemical manufacturing plants. Not only do these plants release harmful mercury into the environment, but they also cannot account for tons of mercury "lost" each year, which likely ends up in the air we breathe.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- NY High Court's Local Ban Decision is No Basis for Greenlighting Fracking
- posted by Kate Sinding, 7/8/14
- Tar sands operations tainting local foods according to study
- posted by Danielle Droitsch, 7/7/14
- Journal Entries From a Healing Walk Participator
- posted by Denée Reaves, 7/3/14