Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged tsca
- Toxic Chemicals in our Couches
- Toxic flame retardant chemicals present the worst of two possible worlds: they are ineffective in preventing furniture fires and are linked to serious health effects. For decades, an ineffective flammability standard, California's TB 117, has resulted in the foam inside our sofas, recliners, and love seats being saturated with pounds of toxic flame retardants.
- Testimony of Daniel Rosenberg on the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Protecting People from Unsafe Chemicals
Reforming the Toxic Substances Control Act
- More than 80,000 chemicals now in use have never been fully assessed for toxic impacts on human health and the environment. The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), enacted in 1976, has failed to regulate the chemical industry and does not protect the public from exposure to unsafe chemicals. Congress must enact strong legislation to reform TSCA.
- The Chemical Industry Delay Game
How the Chemical Industry Ducks Regulation of the Most Toxic Substances
- For decades, the Environmental Protection Agency's efforts to protect the public from health risks of hazardous chemicals have been hindered by chemical companies and the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the main law used to regulate chemicals in the United States.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Question answered - EPA approves Enlist Duo
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 10/15/14
- New poll: New Yorkers overwhelming support fracking moratorium - and clean energy
- posted by Kate Sinding, 10/7/14
- Risky Play: Children Exposed to Toxic Air Pollution from Shale Gas Development at Texas Playgrounds?
- posted by Tanja Srebotnjak, 10/3/14