Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged Harmful Algal Blooms
- Tides of Trouble: Increased Threats to Human Health and Ecosystems from Harmful Algal Blooms
- The proliferation of Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) is a matter of growing global environmental health concern. Climate change may be contributing to the conditions that allow these blooms to flourish.To address this rising tide of trouble, NRDC recommends increased support for research, adoption of improved policies and regulations related to monitoring for and responding to HABs, and several easy steps for protecting personal health and safety while at the beach.
Click here for endnotes. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Subway moves the needle on antibiotics, but many questions remain
- posted by Lena Brook, 9/1/15
- Veterinary association endorses flawed policy allowing misuse of precious antibiotics to raise food animals
- posted by Avinash Kar, 8/26/15
- The White House Gets It Right: Climbing to Energy Efficiency for All
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 8/24/15