Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged toxics
- The Chemical Industry Delay Game
How the Chemical Industry Ducks Regulation of the Most Toxic Substances
- For decades, the Environmental Protection Agency's efforts to protect the public from health risks of hazardous chemicals have been hindered by chemical companies and the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the main law used to regulate chemicals in the United States.
- Federal Chemical Protections in Need of Major Overhaul, NRDC's Beinecke says
- Congress is long overdue to update the federal law that protects Americans from exposure to toxic chemicals in consumer products, Natural Resources Defense Council President Frances Beinecke told a Senate Environment and Public Works Committee panel, February 3, 2011. Congress should act now to prevent cancers, infertility, and learning disabilities. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Trying to Stop Another Nanosilver Pesticide
- posted by Mae Wu, 7/28/15
- Climate change variability, not just temperatures, increase mortality risks for vulnerable populations
- posted by Juan Declet-Barreto, 7/24/15
- Multidrug resistant foodborne bug threats on retail meat - Klebsiella, not your usual suspect
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 7/23/15