Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged birth defects
- Disease Clusters Spotlight the Need to Protect People from Toxic Chemicals
- An unusually large number of people sickened by a disease in a certain place and time is known as a 'disease cluster'. Clusters of cancer, birth defects, and other chronic illnesses have sometimes been linked to chemicals or other toxic pollutants in local communities, although these links can be controversial.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Latin America Green News: Colombia bans glyphosate fumigations, Santiago's toxic air, Brazil's rising wind energy
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/15/15
- Getting Our Global Act Together on Antibiotics
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 5/15/15
- Sneezing and Wheezing in Pennsylvania: Climate Change, Air Pollution, and Asthma and Allergies
- posted by Mark Szybist, 5/14/15