Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged India
- Mercury Pollution: An End in Sight?
Work continues on a global treaty to solve the world's mercury pollution problem.
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
Documents Tagged India in All Sections
- Greener Construction Saves Money
Incentives for Energy Efficient Buildings Across India
- India's continued economic development depends on providing more affordable, clean, and reliable energy and lessening the strain on current supplies, presenting an opportunity to real estate developers who can lock in energy and cost savings by building green.
- Building Efficient Cities
Strengthening the Indian Real Estate Market Through Codes and Incentives
- India's rapid development brings the country to an historic crossroads: to build using the typical old approaches, resulting in unprecedented increases in energy use and related greenhouse gas emissions, or to lead the market and shift to energy efficient strategies, enabling growth and constructing cleaner, healthier cities for the future.
- Cooling India with Less Warming
The Business Case for Phasing Down HFCs in Room and Vehicle Air Conditioners
- Choices made in the next few years will shape whether Indian consumers, companies and government authorities can turn the challenges of the room and vehicle air conditioning expansion into business advantage and national opportunity while reducing climate change, improving air quality, and making air conditioning more efficient and less costly to operate.
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- India is becoming an economic powerhouse and a global leader. Despite the recent economic slowdown, India's gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate of 5 to 7 percent is among the highest for large economies. To maintain this growth rate, India's energy consumption is projected to increase by 54 percent between 2011 and 2020. This rapid growth and the accompanying increase in greenhouse gas emissions raise national concerns about climate change. As it develops, India is moving to reduce emissions intensity to protect its people and environment. This fact sheet outlines the steps that India is taking to grow a low-carbon economy. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Civil Rights of North Shore Residents Violated By Bayonne Bridge Project Construction
- posted by Sara Imperiale, 2/3/14
- Is Poor Maintenance of Rooftop Water Tanks Endangering New York City's High Quality Drinking Water?
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 1/27/14
- Moving Forward: A Modern Freight System for California that can cut pollution and lower impacts in freight-side communities.
- posted by Diane Bailey, 1/21/14