Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged India
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
Documents Tagged India in All Sections
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- India is an emerging economic powerhouse and a global leader. Despite the recent economic slowdown, India continues to be one of the largest economies in the world with a GDP projected to growby 6.5 percent by the end of 2015. In fueling this economic growth rate, India has become the fourth largest energy consumer in the world. This rapid growth and the accompanying increase in greenhouse gas emissions raise national concerns about climate change. As it develops, India is moving to reduce emissions intensity to protect its people and environment, and the new government is poised to continue leading these efforts. This fact sheet outlines the steps that India is taking to grow a low-carbon economy. Get document in pdf.
- Building Efficient Cities
Strengthening the Indian Real Estate Market Through Codes and Incentives
- India's rapid development brings the country to an historic crossroads: to build using the typical old approaches, resulting in unprecedented increases in energy use and related greenhouse gas emissions, or to lead the market and shift to energy efficient strategies, enabling growth and constructing cleaner, healthier cities for the future.
- Building Smart from the Start
Spotlight on Energy-Saving Commercial Office Building in Noida, India
- As India experiences rapid urbanization and energy demand soars, constructing energy-smart buildings in the country's expanding cities is more important than ever. This case study highlights the former Spectral Services headquarters, an everyday office building in Noida that makes an extraordinary business case for energy efficiency.
- Constructing Change: Accelerating Energy Efficiency in India's Buildings Market
- India is at a crossroads in its development path. India's building-occupied area is projected to skyrocket from 8 billion square meters in 2005 to 41 billion in 2030. To keep pace, India's energy production must grow 6.5 percent per year from 2011 to 2017. Energy efficiency will be the cheapest, fastest way to close the energy demand and supply gap.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A new class of antibiotics — an exciting discovery but no substitute for antimicrobial stewardship
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 1/13/15
- New Year: NRDC Still Fighting for the Safety of our Pets and Kids
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 1/5/15
- More Fracking Fumes: Studies Repeatedly Find Unsafe Levels of Air Pollution Near Fracking Sites
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 12/16/14