Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged extreme weather
- What Will Climate Change Mean to Your Community?
- Climate change is one of the most serious public health threats facing our nation. It will have an impact on all of us, but many people don't realize how it could affect their health and their community.
- Extreme Weather Map
Thousands of Weather Records Broken in the US, Costs Climbing – and Climate Change a Factor
- NRDC mapped record-breaking weather events that occurred this year within the 50 United States and explored the implications of these types of events with a changing climate.
Documents Tagged extreme weather in All Sections
- Preparing for Climate Change: Lessons for Coastal Cities from Hurricane Sandy
- Scientists warn that the damage wreaked by Hurricane Sandy is a glimpse of what is to come with future storms as climate change fuels rising seas and more powerful extreme weather events. NRDC's analysis of the damage, in human terms, finds New York City woefully unprepared for this future.
- Extreme Weather: Impacts of Climate Change
- When it comes to connecting the dots between climate change, extreme weather and health, the lines are clear. Carbon pollution is the main reason our planet is getting hotter, intensifying disasters, ruining crops and hurting our health. Solutions exist to cut this pollution and protect our health; we need to put more of them in place right away.
- Hurricane Sandy: The Growing Threat of Climate Change
- Scientists warn that increasing levels of carbon pollution in the atmosphere are contributing to a warming world and rising seas that could lead to more destructive storms like Sandy in the future.
- List of NRDC's Post-Sandy Priorities for Governmental Action
- This list summarizes NRDC's top ten priority issues one year after Superstorm Sandy devastated parts of the East Coast. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Civil Rights of North Shore Residents Violated By Bayonne Bridge Project Construction
- posted by Sara Imperiale, 2/3/14
- Is Poor Maintenance of Rooftop Water Tanks Endangering New York City's High Quality Drinking Water?
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 1/27/14
- Moving Forward: A Modern Freight System for California that can cut pollution and lower impacts in freight-side communities.
- posted by Diane Bailey, 1/21/14