Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged extreme weather
- What Will Climate Change Mean to Your Community?
- Climate change is one of the most serious public health threats facing our nation. It will have an impact on all of us, but many people don't realize how it could affect their health and their community.
- Extreme Weather Map
Thousands of Weather Records Broken in the US, Costs Climbing – and Climate Change a Factor
- NRDC mapped record-breaking weather events that occurred this year within the 50 United States and explored the implications of these types of events with a changing climate.
Documents Tagged extreme weather in All Sections
- 8 Things We Hate About Summer are Getting Worse with Climate Change...And What We Can Do About Them
- Along with all that we love about summer, the dog days are also increasingly bringing extreme heat waves, bad air days, ticks, poison ivy, foodborne illnesses, risky swimming and ruined park visits, and so on. They will get worse unless we take serious actions to combat climate change, because carbon pollution is driving up temperatures, supercharging these summer hazards.
- Preparing for Climate Change: Lessons for Coastal Cities from Hurricane Sandy
- Scientists warn that the damage wreaked by Hurricane Sandy is a glimpse of what is to come with future storms as climate change fuels rising seas and more powerful extreme weather events. NRDC's analysis of the damage, in human terms, finds New York City woefully unprepared for this future.
- Extreme Weather: Impacts of Climate Change
- When it comes to connecting the dots between climate change, extreme weather and health, the lines are clear. Carbon pollution is the main reason our planet is getting hotter, intensifying disasters, ruining crops and hurting our health. Solutions exist to cut this pollution and protect our health; we need to put more of them in place right away.
- Hurricane Sandy: The Growing Threat of Climate Change
- Scientists warn that increasing levels of carbon pollution in the atmosphere are contributing to a warming world and rising seas that could lead to more destructive storms like Sandy in the future.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Latin America Green News: Latin American countries pledge to increase clean energy, Brazilians want climate action, climate change threatening Chilean forests and wine
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/29/15
- Walmart's antibiotic use announcement: Less than meets the eye
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 5/22/15
- Latin America Green News: coffee and birds both face climate threats, bees and monarchs get a boost from Obama, geothermal and solar progress in Central America
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/22/15