Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged ozone smog pollution
- Health and Climate Change: Accounting for Costs
- Climate change endangers human health, and costs us money in both lost and interrupted lives and increased health care. In a study published in the journal Health Affairs, a team of scientists from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) partnered with university economists to investigate the health costs of six climate change-related events, and found the estimated costs totaled more than $14 billion.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Question answered - EPA approves Enlist Duo
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 10/15/14
- New poll: New Yorkers overwhelming support fracking moratorium - and clean energy
- posted by Kate Sinding, 10/7/14
- Risky Play: Children Exposed to Toxic Air Pollution from Shale Gas Development at Texas Playgrounds?
- posted by Tanja Srebotnjak, 10/3/14