Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged health impacts
- Where There's Fire, There's Smoke
Wildfire Smoke Affects Communities Distant from Deadly Flames
- Even if you don't live in an area prone to wildfires, your health may be threatened by smoke from fires raging in other parts of the country. NRDC analysis shows that about two-thirds of the United States lived in counties affected by smoke conditions in 2011. And climate change will make matters worse: hotter temperatures and longer dry seasons in summer create conditions that can lead to more frequent wildfires.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Glyphosate herbicide linked to cancer - IARC World Health Organization assessment
- posted by Jennifer Sass, 3/27/15
- Identifying Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Using ToxCast and Authoritative Lists
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 3/4/15
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15