Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged health impacts
- Where There's Fire, There's Smoke
Wildfire Smoke Affects Communities Distant from Deadly Flames
- Even if you don't live in an area prone to wildfires, your health may be threatened by smoke from fires raging in other parts of the country. NRDC analysis shows that about two-thirds of the United States lived in counties affected by smoke conditions in 2011. And climate change will make matters worse: hotter temperatures and longer dry seasons in summer create conditions that can lead to more frequent wildfires.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Civil Rights of North Shore Residents Violated By Bayonne Bridge Project Construction
- posted by Sara Imperiale, 2/3/14
- Is Poor Maintenance of Rooftop Water Tanks Endangering New York City's High Quality Drinking Water?
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 1/27/14
- Moving Forward: A Modern Freight System for California that can cut pollution and lower impacts in freight-side communities.
- posted by Diane Bailey, 1/21/14