Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged health impacts
- Where There's Fire, There's Smoke
Wildfire Smoke Affects Communities Distant from Deadly Flames
- Even if you don't live in an area prone to wildfires, your health may be threatened by smoke from fires raging in other parts of the country. NRDC analysis shows that about two-thirds of the United States lived in counties affected by smoke conditions in 2011. And climate change will make matters worse: hotter temperatures and longer dry seasons in summer create conditions that can lead to more frequent wildfires.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Walmart's antibiotic use announcement: Less than meets the eye
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 5/22/15
- Latin America Green News: coffee and birds both face climate threats, bees and monarchs get a boost from Obama, geothermal and solar progress in Central America
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/22/15
- Latin America Green News: Colombia bans glyphosate fumigations, Santiago's toxic air, Brazil's rising wind energy
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/15/15