Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged health impacts
- Where There's Fire, There's Smoke
Wildfire Smoke Affects Communities Distant from Deadly Flames
- Even if you don't live in an area prone to wildfires, your health may be threatened by smoke from fires raging in other parts of the country. NRDC analysis shows that about two-thirds of the United States lived in counties affected by smoke conditions in 2011. And climate change will make matters worse: hotter temperatures and longer dry seasons in summer create conditions that can lead to more frequent wildfires.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Will Subway make a 21st century decision on antibiotics in its 50th anniversary year?
- posted by Lena Brook, 6/23/15
- New climate-health report in The Lancet: our opportunity moment is now
- posted by Kim Knowlton, 6/23/15
- Tackling Climate Change Could Be The 21st Century's Greatest Health Opportunity, Medical Journal Report Says
- posted by Susan Casey-Lefkowitz, 6/22/15