Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged herbicides
- What You Should Know About 2,4-D
Widely Used Lawn Pesticide Contaminates Air and Water
- Despite dozens of scientific studies that link the toxic pesticide 2,4-D (2,4-dichlorophenoxy acetic acid) to cancer and other health risks such as cell damage, hormonal interference, and reproductive problems, 46 million pounds of 2,4-D are applied to U.S. lawns, playgrounds, golf courses, and millions of acres of agricultural land every year.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Glyphosate herbicide linked to cancer - IARC World Health Organization assessment
- posted by Jennifer Sass, 3/27/15
- Identifying Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Using ToxCast and Authoritative Lists
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 3/4/15
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15