Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged ozone
- Asthma and Air Pollution
Bad air can bring on asthma attacks, even in healthy people; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks, even in healthy people; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.
- Sneezing and Wheezing
How Global Warming Could Increase Ragweed Allergies, Air Pollution and Asthma
- Global warming isn't just making our planet hotter. Scientific studies have also shown that our changing climate could mean more ozone pollution in some areas, intensifying health problems stemming from allergenic pollen such as ragweed. NRDC research, the first to map areas within the United States where ragweed and unhealthy ozone pollution overlap, shows that 110 million Americans live in areas with both ragweed and ozone problems.
- Five Dangerous Pollutants in the Air You Breathe
NRDC's least wanted list of air pollutants, and the best ways to avoid them.
- Much of the haze that once blanketed our cities has cleared since the 1970s, thanks to tough environmental laws. But air pollution, including the kind you can’t see, still poses health risks to millions of Americans.
Documents Tagged ozone in All Sections
- What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Public Health Protections Under Attack
- It is important to understand that the EPA is one of our major success stories, representing vital problem-solving on a national scale, and that we should support the EPA doing its job.
- Making Climate Change and Ozone Treaties Work Together to Curb HFC-23 and Other "Super Greenhouse Gases"
- This paper, by two preeminent experts on the global treaties to protect the ozone layer and the climate, reviews problems with Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) climate change mitigation projects intended to destroy HFC-23, a powerful greenhouse gas. The paper also proposes reforms to the CDM, complementary actions by the Montreal Protocol, and national policies that will help curb HFC-23 and other "Super Greenhouse Gases."
- Testimony of Michael Goo on the EPA's New Ozone Standards
- Testimony of Michael Goo, Climate Legislative Director, Natural Resources Defense Council, before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, United States House of Representatives hearing on the "EPA's New Ozone Standards," May 20, 2008.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Case for Non-Chemical Stressors
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 4/25/15
- China's National Coal Cap Policy Could Save Nearly 50,000 Lives and $6.2 billion Every Year by 2020
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 4/24/15
- Fashion Revolution Day 2015
- posted by Linda Greer, 4/24/15