Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged poultry
- Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health
Waste lagoons and manure sprayfields -- two widespread and environmentally hazardous technologies -- are poorly regulated.
- Factory farms -- giant livestock farms that house thousands of cows, chickens or pigs -- produce staggering amounts of animal wastes. These wastes are often stored and used in ways that expose people to dangerous bacteria, toxic gases and other hazardous substances, and punish the natural environment.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Identifying Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Using ToxCast and Authoritative Lists
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 3/4/15
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15
- The market is leading the way on reducing antibiotics in meat production, but it's not enough
- posted by Avinash Kar, 2/19/15