Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged toxic chemicals
- Testimony of Daniel Rosenberg on the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- The 5 Stupidest Chemicals That Shouldn’t be in Your House
- As you begin the annual spring cleaning purge, make sure that you aren't leaving behind a house filled with toxic chemicals that can harm you, your family, and your pets.
- Toxic Chemicals in our Couches
- Toxic flame retardant chemicals present the worst of two possible worlds: they are ineffective in preventing furniture fires and are linked to serious health effects. California is in the process of revising TB 117 to be more effective and provide better fire safety without the need for toxic chemicals. However, we need a federal standard to ensure this level of protection across the country.
- Protecting People from Unsafe Chemicals
Reforming the Toxic Substances Control Act
- More than 80,000 chemicals now in use have never been fully assessed for toxic impacts on human health and the environment. The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), enacted in 1976, has failed to regulate the chemical industry and does not protect the public from exposure to unsafe chemicals. Congress must enact strong legislation to reform TSCA.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Reducing Your Risk - Steps to Limit Your Triclosan Exposure
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 8/13/14
- NY High Court's Local Ban Decision is No Basis for Greenlighting Fracking
- posted by Kate Sinding, 7/8/14
- Tar sands operations tainting local foods according to study
- posted by Danielle Droitsch, 7/7/14