Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged toxic chemicals
- Toxic Chemicals in our Couches
- Toxic flame retardant chemicals present the worst of two possible worlds: they are ineffective in preventing furniture fires and are linked to serious health effects. For decades, an ineffective flammability standard, California's TB 117, has resulted in the foam inside our sofas, recliners, and love seats being saturated with pounds of toxic flame retardants.
- Testimony of Daniel Rosenberg on the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- The 5 Stupidest Chemicals That Shouldn’t be in Your House
- As you begin the annual spring cleaning purge, make sure that you aren't leaving behind a house filled with toxic chemicals that can harm you, your family, and your pets.
- Protecting People from Unsafe Chemicals
Reforming the Toxic Substances Control Act
- More than 80,000 chemicals now in use have never been fully assessed for toxic impacts on human health and the environment. The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), enacted in 1976, has failed to regulate the chemical industry and does not protect the public from exposure to unsafe chemicals. Congress must enact strong legislation to reform TSCA.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- What's on Your Plate Affects the Planet
- posted by Peter Lehner, 4/27/15
- A Case for Non-Chemical Stressors
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 4/25/15
- China's National Coal Cap Policy Could Save Nearly 50,000 Lives and $6.2 billion Every Year by 2020
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 4/24/15