Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged power plants
- Get the Lead Out
- Children across the nation face the risk of lead poisoning, but steps can be taken to protect them.
Documents Tagged power plants in All Sections
- Cutting Carbon Pollution Protects Our Health, Fights Climate Change and Moves Us Toward Clean Energy
- In September 2013, under the president's direction, the Environmental Protection Agency announced standards limiting carbon pollution from power plants built in the future, and on June 2, 2014, unveiled standards for power plants operating now -- which account for nearly 40 percent of U.S. carbon pollution.
- The Clean Power Plan: Building on Ohio’s Clean Energy Accomplishments
- The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio have asked stakeholders to provide guidance on the draft Clean Power Plan, the assumptions that went into setting Ohio's target, and to provide information that the agencies should consider in preparing the state;s comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To that end, NRDC submits these comments on Ohio's carbon reduction opportunities under the Clean Power Plan.
- Florida at an Energy Crossroads
How will the Sunshine State Comply with the EPA Clean Power Plan?
- Florida can seize the opportunity presented by the EPA's Clean Power Plan to respond to the challenge of climate change while taking advantage of its renewables and efficiency potential. By crafting a plan that finally begins to capture these untapped resources, Florida can create jobs, promote innovation in nascent industries, and become more resilient through the diversification of its energy system.
- 8 Things We Hate About Summer are Getting Worse with Climate Change...And What We Can Do About Them
- Along with all that we love about summer, the dog days are also increasingly bringing extreme heat waves, bad air days, ticks, poison ivy, foodborne illnesses, risky swimming and ruined park visits, and so on. They will get worse unless we take serious actions to combat climate change, because carbon pollution is driving up temperatures, supercharging these summer hazards.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Neonicotinoid pesticides - bad for bees, and may be bad for people too
- posted by Jennifer Sass, 9/17/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 12, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/12/14
- Reading, Writing, and ...Toxic Pesticides?
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 8/27/14