Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged power plants
- Health Risks and Climate Change
- People in every state are vulnerable to climate health threats -- from worsening air quality, extreme heat,
extreme precipitation and flooding, and greater exposure to dangerous diseases. The U.S. EPA proposed the Clean Power Plan, a historic effort to limit the carbon pollution emitted by power plants -- the biggest driver of climate change -- and protect public health.
- Get the Lead Out
- Children across the nation face the risk of lead poisoning, but steps can be taken to protect them.
Documents Tagged power plants in All Sections
- Climate Report Card
- The world's top polluters had homework before the Paris talks. Here's how their pledges score.
- Clean Power Plan and State Pathways to Cutting Carbon Pollution
- Exisitng power plants are the nation's largest source of carbon pollution, and limiting that pollution is the single biggest step we can take to fight climate change today. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has finalized the Clean Power Plan, setting the first federal standards for existing power plants. The EPA's standards allow each state the flexibility to design its own most cost-effective pathway toward a cleaner energy system to provide electricity.
- What to Expect in Clean Power Plan Litigation
- In short, litigation over the Clean Power Plan, as with any major Clean Air Act standard, is likely to occur. But the EPA has an excellent track record in court. Polluters and their allies shouldn't be able to delay the Clean Power Plan just by filing court cases. Our country needs to join the global fight to curb climate change now.
- The Clean Power Plan: Building on Ohio’s Clean Energy Accomplishments
- The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio have asked stakeholders to provide guidance on the draft Clean Power Plan, the assumptions that went into setting Ohio's target, and to provide information that the agencies should consider in preparing the state;s comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To that end, NRDC submits these comments on Ohio's carbon reduction opportunities under the Clean Power Plan.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Antibiotics 2.0: Re-inventing antibiotic therapies using yesterday's antibiotics for human medicine
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 9/16/15
- Subway's Saga Continues: World's Largest Chain Gets "F" for Antibiotics & Meat
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 9/15/15
- California bill leads nation with significant steps to limit antibiotic overuse in meat production
- posted by Avinash Kar, 9/15/15