Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged cigarette smoke
- Dangerous Chemicals in the Home
A Most-Wanted list of five common household contaminants.
- We all want our homes to be clean, safe places to live but toxic invaders may lurk inside your home, putting you and your family at risk. Here are five household pollutants to watch out for, and tips on how to minimize your exposure.
- Children, Cancer & The Environment
By identifying elements in the environment that contribute to cancer, we can take steps to eliminate them and protect our children and ourselves.
- Scientists now believe that many childhood cancers are caused by environmental factors which, unlike heredity, can theoretically be controlled. Learn more about some of the suspected environmental causes of childhood cancer and how you can reduce the risks to your own children.
- How to Protect Your Children from Environmental Risks
Pollution-related illnesses may be on the rise, but there are things parents can do.
- Pollution-related illnesses are on the rise, increasing concerns about the role environmental toxins might play in diseases, especially in children, as rates of asthma and childhood cancers increase. There are steps you can take to protect your children from the five worst environmental threats to their health: lead, air pollution, pesticides, environmental tobacco smoke, and drinking water contamination.
- Our Children At Risk
The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health
- A report identifying the special vulnerability of children to environmental hazards and highlighting the growing evidence pointing to a link between pollution and childhood illnesses. The report makes recommendations, at both the policy and personal levels, for the protection of the next generation.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Trying to Stop Another Nanosilver Pesticide
- posted by Mae Wu, 7/28/15
- Climate change variability, not just temperatures, increase mortality risks for vulnerable populations
- posted by Juan Declet-Barreto, 7/24/15
- Multidrug resistant foodborne bug threats on retail meat - Klebsiella, not your usual suspect
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 7/23/15