Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged atrazine
- Pesticides: What You Need to Know
Pesticides are designed to kill pests, but they don't stop there.
- Pesticides are designed to kill pests, but they don't stop there. People, pets, farmers, agriculture workers, and wildlife are all harmed by overuse, misuse, and even lawful use of these toxic chemicals.
- Safe Drinking Water
NRDC's Drinking Water Project
- NRDC's Drinking Water Project works to ensure that all Americans have access to safe and affordable drinking water.
- Bush Administration Refused to Restrict Toxic Herbicide Atrazine, Despite Health Threat
White House documents obtained by NRDC reveal that industry influenced the decision.
- The EPA decided in 2003 not to limit one of the nation's most widely used weed-killers, a chemical that, according to several recent studies, threatens human health and the environment. NRDC took action to determine whether industry played a role in shaping the EPA's decision.
- Atrazine: Poisoning the Well
Atrazine Continues to Contaminate Surface Water and Drinking Water in the United States
- Watersheds and drinking water systems across the nation remain at risk for contamination from the endocrine-disrupting pesticide atrazine. The U.S. EPA's inadequate monitoring systems and weak regulations have compounded the problem, allowing levels of atrazine in watersheds and drinking water to peak at extremely high concentrations.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Case for Non-Chemical Stressors
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 4/25/15
- China's National Coal Cap Policy Could Save Nearly 50,000 Lives and $6.2 billion Every Year by 2020
- posted by Barbara Finamore, 4/24/15
- Fashion Revolution Day 2015
- posted by Linda Greer, 4/24/15