Environmental Issues: Health
All Documents in Health Tagged water quality
- Testimony of Mae Wu on Water Quality in the District of Columbia
- NRDC's Mae Wu testified before the Council of the Distrcit of Columbia Committee on Government Operations and the Environment and the Committee on Public Works and Transportation on February 10, 2009, discussing water quality and lead levels in drinking water in the District of Columbia. Get document in pdf.
- Health Risks to Children and Communities From Recent EPA Proposals and Decisions on Air and Water Quality
- Testimony submitted to hearings before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, Senate on February 6, 2007.
- Katrina’s Wake: Arsenic-Laced Schools and Playgrounds Put New Orleans Children at Risk
- When Hurricane Katrina tore through New Orleans in August 2005, the levee failures inundated the city -- particularly its most vulnerable neighborhoods -- with a hazardous sea of fuel, sewage and chemicals. This August 2007 issue paper reveals that people in New Orleans were returning home to communities that have not been adequately cleaned up, and offers solutions on a federal and local level for charting a safer course for New Orleans.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- When water hurts - in Flint and beyond
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 2/1/16
- Why I am a fan of Carbon Disclosure Project's latest report
- posted by Linda Greer, 1/27/16
- Huge Gas Leak in Porter Ranch: A Sobering Reminder of the Health Threats from Oil and Gas in California
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 1/5/16