Environmental Issues: Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament
All Documents in Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament Tagged Russia
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons in Europe
A review of post-Cold War policy, force levels, and war planning.
- A review of post-Cold War policy, force levels, and war planning.
- The Bush-Putin Treaty
An Orwellian Approach to Nuclear Arms Control
- This May 2002 analysis by NRDC's nuclear program finds that the treaty proposed by President Bush to cut U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear arsenals is so riddled with loopholes that it actually would prolong the U.S.-Russian nuclear standoff for years to come, and encourage nuclear proliferation.
- Snapshots from the U.S. Nuclear War Plan
- These graphics, produced by NRDC's nuclear war plans project, offer a snapshot of what a nuclear attack on Russia would look like under the top-secret U.S. nuclear war plan, with target locations, fallout clouds, and fatalities. They drive home the grotesque results if nuclear weapons were used; common sense demands the abolition of the current plan in favor of a "saner" plan that rests on different assumptions, with far fewer warheads.
- Taking Stock: Worldwide Nuclear Deployments 1998
- A report providing, for the first time, authoritative estimates of the sizes and locations of the nuclear arsenals of the U.S., Russia, Britain, France and China. The report contains detailed descriptions, including maps and tables, of today's arsenals, and describes the events that have led to the consolidation of weapons storage sites. The authors also project likely trends for the future.
Documents Tagged Russia in All Sections
- Safe, Strong and Secure: Reducing America's Oil Dependence
America's rising consumption of oil threatens the economy and national security.
- America spends more than $200,000 per minute on foreign oil -- $13 million per hour. More than $25 billion a year goes for Persian Gulf imports alone. This NRDC analysis considers oil demand and supply projections and how our current policy of oil dependence effects our economy and security.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Studying Severe Weather Impacts on U.S. Nuclear Plants
- posted by Corinne Hanson, 3/25/13
- Global Nuclear Reactor Database Developed by NRDC
- posted by Jordan Weaver, 3/15/13
- U.S. Nuclear Safety Progress Remains Sluggish Following Fukushima Disaster, Part I
- posted by Jordan Weaver, 3/12/13
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
- Post-Fukushima Hardened Vents with High-Capacity Filters for BWR Mark Is and Mark IIs
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.