Environmental Issues: Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament
All Documents in Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament Tagged nuclear fuel
- Nuclear Fuel's Dirty Beginnings
Environmental Damage and Public Health Risks from Uranium Mining in the American West
- Uranium mining anywhere poses significant environmental, economic, and social risks. In the high plains, Rocky Mountains, and intermountain West, however, where water resources are already scarce, it is inevitable that water-intensive uranium extraction poses significant risks to the region's environmental and public health.
- Nuclear Islands: International Leasing of Sensitive Nuclear Fuel Cycle Sites
- This journal article and slide presentation from NRDC's Nuclear Program describes the establishment of a new freestanding voluntary "International Nuclear Fuel Cycle Association" (INFCA) alongside the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to remedy known gaps in the prevailing nonproliferation regime.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
- Senate hearing on nuclear reactor decommissioning challenges
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 5/17/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.