Environmental Issues: Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament
All Documents in Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament Tagged India
- The Consequences of Nuclear Conflict between India and Pakistan
- NRDC's nuclear experts think about the unthinkable, using state-of-the-art nuclear war simulation software to assess the crisis in South Asia.
Documents Tagged India in All Sections
- Rising Temperatures, Deadly Threat
Preparing Communities in India for Extreme Heat Events
- Extreme heat events already have had a significant impact in India, where summer temperatures are historically high. Coordinated action is needed among the many government departments and organizations to reduce the devastating health effects of heat stress on local populations. Ahmedabad is leading as the first Indian city to create a comprehensive early warning system and preparedness plan for extreme heat events.
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- Increasing Resilience to Extreme Heat Health Risks Across Rapidly Urbanizing India
- The rapidly urbanizing Indian city of Ahmedabad experienced a devastating heat wave in 2010 that drove temperatures to a scorching 46.8°C (over 116°F). In response, NRDC and our on-the-ground partners, the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and the Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPH), are working with city officials and leaders in Ahmedabad to prepare communities for rising temperatures by piloting an innovative early warning system and interagency disaster risk reduction plan. Get document in pdf.
- NRDC's India Initiative on Climate Change and Clean Energy
- India is emerging both as an economic powerhouse and a global environmental leader. As India's economy charges ahead, the country needs to produce more energy to provide a better life for its people, many of whom live in rural areas and are very poor. At the same time, India has recognized that tackling climate change is in its own national interests.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- China Environmental News Alert - April 24, 2015
- posted by NRDC China Team, 4/24/15
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by NRDC China Team, 9/26/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- Working with the Department of Defense: Siting Renewable Energy Development Natural
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.