Environmental Issues: Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament
All Documents in Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament Tagged India
- The Consequences of Nuclear Conflict between India and Pakistan
- NRDC's nuclear experts think about the unthinkable, using state-of-the-art nuclear war simulation software to assess the crisis in South Asia.
Documents Tagged India in All Sections
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- India is an emerging economic powerhouse and a global leader. Despite the recent economic slowdown, India continues to be one of the largest economies in the world with a GDP projected to growby 6.5 percent by the end of 2015. In fueling this economic growth rate, India has become the fourth largest energy consumer in the world. This rapid growth and the accompanying increase in greenhouse gas emissions raise national concerns about climate change. As it develops, India is moving to reduce emissions intensity to protect its people and environment, and the new government is poised to continue leading these efforts. This fact sheet outlines the steps that India is taking to grow a low-carbon economy. Get document in pdf.
- Building Efficient Cities
Strengthening the Indian Real Estate Market Through Codes and Incentives
- India's rapid development brings the country to an historic crossroads: to build using the typical old approaches, resulting in unprecedented increases in energy use and related greenhouse gas emissions, or to lead the market and shift to energy efficient strategies, enabling growth and constructing cleaner, healthier cities for the future.
- Building Smart from the Start
Spotlight on Energy-Saving Commercial Office Building in Noida, India
- As India experiences rapid urbanization and energy demand soars, constructing energy-smart buildings in the country's expanding cities is more important than ever. This case study highlights the former Spectral Services headquarters, an everyday office building in Noida that makes an extraordinary business case for energy efficiency.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.