Environmental Issues: Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament
All Documents in Nuclear Energy, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament Tagged Hudson River
- Preventing Hydrogen Explosions at Indian Point Nuclear Plant
Entergy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Continue to Make Inaccurate and Misleading Statements Regarding the Indian Point Energy Center
- The two pressurized water reactors at Entergy's Indian Point Energy Center remain poorly equipped to minimize the risks of explosive hydrogen that would be produced in a severe nuclear accident involving one or both of these units. In light of this nuclear safety deficiency, NRDC opposes continued operation of the reactors beyond their current license terms.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- New Report: "Tectonic Shift" in U.S. Energy Use--Renewables Surging; Coal, Oil, and Electricity Down
- posted by Ralph Cavanagh, 10/8/15
- China Environmental News Alert - April 24, 2015
- posted by NRDC China Team, 4/24/15
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- Working with the Department of Defense: Siting Renewable Energy Development Natural
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.