Partnerships for Change
NRDC has worked with many community-based organizations to defend people's right to a safe and healthy environment.
Over the years, NRDC has partnered with community-based grassroots groups across the country to help protect the health and environment of local communities from harmful industrial development and toxic pollution. Working together, we have reduced children's exposure to toxic pesticides, fought for green space in low-income urban neighborhoods, safeguarded drinking water on tribal lands, and improved air quality in urban areas. Some of these partnerships are highlighted below.
|Fighting for Green Space||Cleaning Up Anacostia|
|Shielding Children from Pesticide Exposure||Improving|
in an Urban Neighborhood
|Working for Justice in West Harlem||Forcing Nuclear Waste Clean-up|
last revised 10/12/2006
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.