Federal Transportation Bill Should Cut Oil, Boost Economy
NRDC's Federal Transportation Policy Director Deron Lovaas testified before the House Transportation Committee on March 30, 2011, laying out the ways that upcoming federal transportation legislation can cut our addition to oil and boost our economy at the same time. Lovaas recommended that lawmakers focus on
1) investing in rail, transit, and other strategies that cut oil use and congestion;
2) prioritize maintenance and rehabilitation of the rest of our existing transportation system; and
3) leveraging innovative financing tools and performance standards to make the most of taxpayer dollars.
last revised 3/30/2011
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.