Blogs and Links
Below you'll find reports, testimony, fact sheets and other materials from NRDC as well as links to useful resources and websites.
Recent NRDC Renewable Energy Policy Materials
- Advances in Wind Power Technology Mean Incredible Opportunities For Clean Energy Across ALL Regions
- Soon, innovation will bring cost-effective, pollution-free electricity to every state. (PDF)
- From Crisis to Opportunity
- China and the United States are the world’s largest emitters of global warming pollution, and as both nations face an increasing dependence on foreign oil and dirty coal, their joint...
- Let the VEETC Expire: Moving Beyond Corn Ethanol Means Less Waste, Less Pollution and More Jobs
- Transitioning to low-carbon fuels is crucial to breaking America's dependence on oil and curbing global warming. But while some biofuels reduce pollution, others pollute more than the oil they...
- A Clean Energy Economy for North Dakota
- North Dakota has a strong and diverse economy based on agriculture, energy, minerals, and tourism. To ensure continuing economic growth and a prosperous future, North Dakota has the opportunity to...
- A Clean Energy Economy for Montana
- Montana is the 4th largest state, with not only a “Big Sky,” but a remarkably varied landscape of mountains and valleys, rivers and plains, lakes, forests and farmlands. Rich in...
- A Clean Energy Economy for Arkansas
- To secure its economic future, Arkansas has the opportunity to build a strong long-term economy on the solid foundation of its bountiful renewable resources. The state's vast areas of productive...
Renewable Energy Reports on the Web
2010 Wind Technologies Market Report
From the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Published June 2011.
Energy Technology Cost and Performance Data
From the National Renewable Energy Lab.
Fact Sheet: CHP Biopower/Anaerobic Digestion: Have you asked all the right questions?
The Northwest CHP (Combined Heat and Power) Application Center has a fact sheet that helps you ask all the right questions about installing a biodigester on your farm.
Market Opportunities for Biogas Recovery Systems
A Guide to Identifying Candidates for On-Farm and Centralized Systems. Produced by US EPA / AgSTAR.
Establishing a Sound Framework for Bioenergy In Clean Energy and Climate Protection Legislation
We need a firm limit on global warming pollution and a comprehensive plan to repower America and revitalize our lagging economy. Done right, we can create millions of jobs...
More Renewable Energy Links
See also the state-specific links in each of the State Profiles.
Agricultural Marketing Resource Center
The AgMRC (Agricultural Marketing Resources Center) "is an electronic, national resource for producers interested in value-added agriculture."
The EPA’s AgSTAR program has a comprehensive handbook on developing biogas technology. The site includes FarmWare, a free decision-making software package that can help you assess the feasability of biogas on your farm.
Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center (AFDC)
The US Department of Energy's Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center (AFDC, formerly known as the Alternative Fuels Data Center) provides a wide range of information and resources to enable the use of alternative fuels, in addition to other petroleum reduction options such as advanced vehicles, fuel blends, idle reduction, and fuel economy.
ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service is managed by the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) and is funded under a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Business-Cooperative Service. It provides information and other technical assistance to farmers, ranchers, Extension agents, educators, and others involved in sustainable agriculture in the United States.
A helpful website from the Environmental Law and Policy Center that outlines the incentives offered in the current Farm Bill and monitors the development of new ones.
Renewable Fuels Association (RFA)
Website of the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA), the national trade association for the U.S. ethanol industry
State Agricultural Overview
State by state agricultural statistics from the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service.
NREL Geothermal Technologies
Provides a comprehensive overview of geothermal resource potential throughout the U.S.
European Marine Energy Centre Ltd
Provides information on ocean wave and tidal energy capture.
Learn about Ocean Energy
NREL provides an overview of ocean energy technologies
NOAA Office of Habitat Protection
Offers general information on the types of emerging ocean thermal and hydrokinetic technologies and developing thorough processes for appropriate siting. The agency’s comments on specific projects are also available online.
Oregon Wave Energy Trust
The Trust's sole mission is to serve as a connector for all stakeholders involved in the responsible development of wave energy projects, from research and development to early stage community engagement and energy generation in the State of Oregon.
Wind Powering America
Through the DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Agency that provides in-depth market information and wind technology developments.
American Wind Energy Association
This national trade association provides updated information on wind energy projects across the country, including state-by-state fact sheets.
NREL Solar Potential Maps
A series of dynamic maps to show the varying degrees of solar resource potential.
A solar PV economic performance modeling tool that provides cost and savings estimates for a potential new solar PV system anywhere in the U.S.
Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Green Power Equivalency Calculator Methodologies
From US EPA.
A user-friendly site intended to connect the world's energy data.
Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century
A global policy network that provides a forum for international leadership to bolster policy development of renewable energy.