Smarter Business: Greening Advisor
A bicycle-friendly environment
Improving the infrastructure of your building to promote bicycling is a relatively inexpensive, small-scale change that supports alternative transportation. By improving bicycle access to your building or event, your company can help reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, which benefits the environment as well as the health of employees and the community. Employees who bike also enjoy the health benefits of exercise, and may also incur fewer medical expenditures.
How to Create a Good Bicycling Environment
- Install secure bicycle racks.
- Provide shower facilities.
- Offer incentives.
- Explain bicycling policies at employee orientation.
- Arrange discounts at local bicycle shops.
- Disseminate information about bike routes and bicycle-friendly public transportation connections.
Employees who bike enjoy the health benefits of exercise, and may also incur fewer medical expenditures.
Let us know.