CMI's mission is to advance market mechanisms that channel capital toward environmentally sustainable and economically profitable investments. Our goal is to help finance the shift to a green economy. Read More
Traditional lease provisions create a split incentive that divides operating and capital expenses between landlords and tenants, diminishing the landlord's recovery of capital invested in energy efficiency. These guidelines establish a framework within which both building owners and occupants can maximize the energy efficiency of their operations. Read More
This model is a financial calculator that shows how energy efficiency dollars will flow in high, low, and expected retrofit performance scenarios based on key input variables, generating charts to show Energy Savings Allocation, Energy Savings NPV, and Cost to Tenant Per Square Foot. Read More
To reduce the environmental and public health threats posed by polluted stormwater and to comply with the Clean Water Act, cities nationwide are making significant investments to reduce stormwater runoff. Philadelphia has taken the lead among cities, creating incentives to reduce runoff and encouraging the adoption of green infrastructure practices. Read More
In July 2011, NRDC relocated its Washington, D.C. office to a new space designed with a focus on energy efficiency and sustainability. The energy-efficient office has high performance measures which are projected to yield a 30 percent annual energy savings, compared to expected energy use if the office were built to the minimum energy code requirements. Read More
With the federal "Clean Water Needs Survey" identifying over $100 billion in needed infrastructure investment over the next twenty years to address stormwater and sewage overflows, the time for creating private markets for green infrastructure has arrived. Read More
The Leader, March/April 2013: While it comes as no surprise that one of the most effective strategies to reduce operationalcosts and energy waste is to improve energy efficiency in buildings and across real estate portfolios, often overlooked is the potential of energy savings within the leased tenant space. Read More
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
CMI on Switchboard
- Promoting Transportation Innovation: Champions of Change
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 5/9/13
- Overcoming hurdles to growth in the renewable energy sector
- posted by Cai Steger, 1/22/13
- Build Smart New York: The Governor Said So
- posted by Greg Hale, 1/9/13
- Fiscal "Deal" Energy Investments Form Foundation for Clean Energy Future
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 1/3/13
- National Academies: Algae Biofuels aren't sustainable...yet
- posted by Cai Steger, 10/26/12
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.