Take action on the Bay Area's behalf -- and your own. Here are some ways you can help clear the air of diesel pollution.
- Don't buy a vehicle that uses diesel fuel.
- Buy local goods to help decrease the need for transporting materials long distances in diesel-powered trucks.
- Urge your local school board to purchase only clean-fuel buses in the future. (To learn more about how diesel school buses threaten kids' health, see NRDC's report.)
- Urge your local transit agency to stop buying diesel buses, and to invest in the cleanest available alternative-fuel buses instead. (See www.transitinfo.org for contact information.)
- You'll find lots more Bay Area green-living tips in our Green Gate Green Guides. And to keep informed and take action on the latest issues affecting the Bay Area and the rest of California, join NRDC's California Activist Network.