Take action on the Bay Area's behalf -- and your own. Here are some ways you can help clear the air of ozone pollution.
- Drive less. Choose alternatives to driving (public transit, biking, walking, carpooling), and bundle your errands into fewer trips. (Tailpipe emissions are worst when your engine is cold, so try to run errands in a short time and don't allow the engine to cool all the way down between stops.)
- Drive efficiently. Get your engine tuned up and keep your tires inflated -- both help fuel efficiency.
- When shopping for a new car, choose a cleaner and more efficient model. You'll find the best possible choices at www.greenercars.com. (See our guide for more resource links.)
- Stay informed. You'll find current ozone conditions at www.sparetheair/stats/movies/movies.htm.
- You'll find lots more ways to reduce your personal contribution to ozone pollution in our guide to driving less/driving smarter. (For still more Bay Area green-living tips, see all our Green Gate Green Guides.) And to keep informed and take action on the latest issues affecting the Bay Area and the rest of California, join NRDC's California Activist Network.