Take action on the Bay Area's behalf -- and your own. Here are some ways you can clear the air and curb global warming (and save money) by burning less gasoline.
- Drive less. Choose alternatives to driving (public transit, biking, walking, carpooling), and bundle your errands into fewer trips.
- Drive efficiently. Get your engine tuned up and keep your tires inflated -- both help fuel efficiency.
- When shopping for a new car, choose a cleaner and more efficient model. You'll find the best possible choices at www.greenercars.com (see our guide for more resource links).
- When you move, look for compact neighborhoods, where good transit service and walkable streets cut driving substantially. You may then qualify for a Location Efficient MortgageSM, which makes more money available to people who purchase homes in dense neighborhoods where transit options are good.
- You'll find lots more ways to reduce your gasoline consumption in our guide to driving less/driving smarter. (For still more Bay Area green-living tips, see all our Green Gate Green Guides.) And to keep informed and take action on the latest issues affecting the Bay Area and the rest of California, join NRDC's California Activist Network.