Trouble on the Farm
Growing Up with Pesticides in Agricultural Communities
Top of Report
Gina M. Solomon, M.D., M.P.H.
Lawrie Motts, M.S.
Editing & Production Supervision
Electronic assembly & additional design
Jenkins and Page
J.B. McCourtney/Impact Visuals (boy picking); Chris Johnson (boy smiling); Andrew Lichtenstein/Impact Visuals (pesticide sign); PhotoDisc (boy in window); Chris Johnson (family and pesticide application).
NRDC gratefully acknowledges the following donors for their support of our pesticide use reduction efforts: Barkley Fund, Carolyn Foundation, Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund, W. Alton Jones Foundation, The Joyce Foundation, The Pew Charitable Trusts, and Charles Henry Leach II Foundation. As with all our work, publication of this report would not have been possible without the support of NRDC's 400,000 members.
Thanks to Mary Nguyen and Pam Weiant for research assistance. NRDC colleagues David Wallinga and Jacqueline Hamilton reviewed drafts of this report and made valuable suggestions. In addition, Liza Pike contributed editorial suggestions and media relations. Gail de Rita provided invaluable assistance in many aspects of the report.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Just Transition in Southeast Chicago
- posted by Rhea Suh, 11/18/15
- Attorney General Bill Schuette and the Clean Power Plan: Wrong on the Facts, Wrong on the Law, Wrong for Michigan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 11/17/15
- Upshot from Pediatricians: Curb overuse of antibiotics in animal agriculture
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 11/16/15