Trouble on the Farm
Growing Up with Pesticides in Agricultural Communities
Top of Report
The author wishes to thank the following scientists for reviewing this report. The views presented in this document do not necessarily reflect the opinions of those who helped to review it.
Asa Bradman, Ph.D.
Dept. of Environmental Health Sciences
School of Public Health
University of California
David Camann, M.S.
Southwest Research Institute
San Antonio, TX
Mark Miller, M.D., M.P.H.
Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Environmental Health
Marion Moses, M.D.
Pesticide Education Center
Mary Kay O'Rourke, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Public Health
University of Arizona
Susan H. Pollack, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Preventive Medicine, and
Pediatric and Adolescent Injury Prevention Program
University of Kentucky Medical Center
Margaret Seminario, M.D., M.P.H.
Director of Occupational Safety & Health
Tim K. Takaro, M.D., M.P.H., M.S.
Acting Assistant Professor
Occupational and Environmental Medicine
University of Washington
Shelia Hoar Zahm, Sc.D.
Occupational Studies Section
National Cancer Institute
The author also wishes to thank the following farmworker and pesticide activists for reviewing this report.
Farmworker Justice Fund
Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides
United Farm Workers of America
Pesticide Action Network, North America
San Francisco, CA
California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation
Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste
Wisconsin's Environmental Decade
Oregon Environmental Council
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Walmart's antibiotic use announcement: Less than meets the eye
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 5/22/15
- Latin America Green News: coffee and birds both face climate threats, bees and monarchs get a boost from Obama, geothermal and solar progress in Central America
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/22/15
- Latin America Green News: Colombia bans glyphosate fumigations, Santiago's toxic air, Brazil's rising wind energy
- posted by Maria Martinez, 5/15/15