Trouble on the Farm
Growing Up with Pesticides in Agricultural Communities
Top of Report
The author wishes to thank the following scientists for reviewing this report. The views presented in this document do not necessarily reflect the opinions of those who helped to review it.
Asa Bradman, Ph.D.
Dept. of Environmental Health Sciences
School of Public Health
University of California
David Camann, M.S.
Southwest Research Institute
San Antonio, TX
Mark Miller, M.D., M.P.H.
Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Environmental Health
Marion Moses, M.D.
Pesticide Education Center
Mary Kay O'Rourke, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Public Health
University of Arizona
Susan H. Pollack, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Preventive Medicine, and
Pediatric and Adolescent Injury Prevention Program
University of Kentucky Medical Center
Margaret Seminario, M.D., M.P.H.
Director of Occupational Safety & Health
Tim K. Takaro, M.D., M.P.H., M.S.
Acting Assistant Professor
Occupational and Environmental Medicine
University of Washington
Shelia Hoar Zahm, Sc.D.
Occupational Studies Section
National Cancer Institute
The author also wishes to thank the following farmworker and pesticide activists for reviewing this report.
Farmworker Justice Fund
Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides
United Farm Workers of America
Pesticide Action Network, North America
San Francisco, CA
California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation
Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste
Wisconsin's Environmental Decade
Oregon Environmental Council
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A new class of antibiotics — an exciting discovery but no substitute for antimicrobial stewardship
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 1/13/15
- New Year: NRDC Still Fighting for the Safety of our Pets and Kids
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 1/5/15
- More Fracking Fumes: Studies Repeatedly Find Unsafe Levels of Air Pollution Near Fracking Sites
- posted by Miriam Rotkin-Ellman, 12/16/14