Our Children At Risk
The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health
Lawrie Mott, M.S.
Gina Solomon, M.D.
Production and Research Coordinator
Gail de Rita
Jenkins and Page
Roland Ottewell and Kelley Berg
NRDC gratefully acknowledges the support of the following donors for this report: Barkley Fund, Florence V. Burden Foundation, Jayni and Chevy Chase, Esprit Foundation, Gap Foundation, Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund, Jill Tate Higgins, James P. Higgins and the many Higgins kids, W. Alton Jones Foundation, Charles Henry Leach II Foundation, Alida R. Messinger, Peter Norton Family Foundation, and two anonymous donors. As with all our work, publication of this report would not have been possible without the support of NRDC's members.
Thanks also to Kristi Coale and Perry Robinson for research and writing during the initial phases of this project. NRDC colleagues Charles Fulwood, Janet Hathaway, David Hawkins, Peter Lehner, Evelyn Mauss, Vernice Miller, Erik Olson, and Ricky Perera reviewed drafts of this report and made many valuable suggestions. Todd Campbell, Chris van LobenSels, and Pam Weiant also conducted research for this report. In addition, Liza Pike contributed greatly throughout the project with editorial suggestions and media relations. Special thanks to Gail de Rita for her invaluable skills and ceaseless assistance in all aspects of the report.
Finally, thanks to Marco, Ruthie, Margot, Angela and Mario for their support and indulgence. This report is dedicated to Ruthie and Margot.
Our Children At Risk : The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health. By Lawrie Mott, David Fore, Jennifer Curtis, Gina Solomon. November 1997. Print version, $14.00. Order print copies .
last revised 11/25/1997
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Show the Show-Me-State a More Energy Efficient Home: A Call for Consideration of Affordable Rental Housing in Missouri's State Energy Plan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 2/25/15
- The market is leading the way on reducing antibiotics in meat production, but it's not enough
- posted by Avinash Kar, 2/19/15
- A new class of antibiotics — an exciting discovery but no substitute for antimicrobial stewardship
- posted by Carmen Cordova, 1/13/15