Our Children At Risk
The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health
This November 1997 report identifies the special vulnerability of children to environmental hazards and highlights the growing evidence pointing to a link between pollution and childhood illnesses. The report makes recommendations, at both the policy and personal levels, for the protection of the next generation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Children's Special Vulnerability to Environmental Risks
- Chapter 3: Lead
- Chapter 4: Air Pollution
- Chapter 5: Pesticides
- Chapter 6: Environmental Tobacco Smoke
- Chapter 7: Drinking Water Contamination
- Chapter 8: Important Next Steps to Protect Children's Environmental Health
- Report Credits and Acknowledgments
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List.
Our Children At Risk : The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health. By Lawrie Mott, David Fore, Jennifer Curtis, Gina Solomon. November 1997. Print version, $14.00. Order print copies .
last revised 11/25/1997
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Just Transition in Southeast Chicago
- posted by Rhea Suh, 11/18/15
- Attorney General Bill Schuette and the Clean Power Plan: Wrong on the Facts, Wrong on the Law, Wrong for Michigan
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 11/17/15
- Upshot from Pediatricians: Curb overuse of antibiotics in animal agriculture
- posted by David Wallinga, MD, 11/16/15