Our Children At Risk
The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health
This November 1997 report identifies the special vulnerability of children to environmental hazards and highlights the growing evidence pointing to a link between pollution and childhood illnesses. The report makes recommendations, at both the policy and personal levels, for the protection of the next generation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Children's Special Vulnerability to Environmental Risks
- Chapter 3: Lead
- Chapter 4: Air Pollution
- Chapter 5: Pesticides
- Chapter 6: Environmental Tobacco Smoke
- Chapter 7: Drinking Water Contamination
- Chapter 8: Important Next Steps to Protect Children's Environmental Health
- Report Credits and Acknowledgments
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List.
Our Children At Risk : The Five Worst Environmental Threats to Their Health. By Lawrie Mott, David Fore, Jennifer Curtis, Gina Solomon. November 1997. Print version, $14.00. Order print copies .
last revised 11/25/1997
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- NRDC sues FDA for failing (again) to disclose information about antibiotic resistance
- posted by Avinash Kar, 6/6/13
- There Be Monsters Here: So Why the Delay on Clean Water Protections?
- posted by Peter Lehner, 5/24/13
- Bipartisan bill would improve reporting of information about antibiotic use in animal feed
- posted by Avinash Kar, 5/8/13